Why is gutter cleaning so important?
Let’s face it – the topic of gutter cleaning is far from a fascinating subject. Most homeowners don’t think about their home gutter system until the gutters stop working properly.
Issues Caused by Clogged Gutters
- Leaking Basements and Cracked Foundations:Clogged gutters are the number one cause of basement water problems. Roof water overflows and accumulates around the foundation. If this happens, basement leaks may be moments away, and excess water against the foundation can weaken the footings and lead to cracks.
- Rotted Wood: When gutters have debris piled up above the flashing or shingle line, the debris can hold moisture on the fascia board. The moisture can also affect the roof sheathing and framing beyond the fascia. The debris acts like a wick and brings water in the bottom of the gutter up to the fascia. Many homeowners have spent THOUSANDS of dollars replacing rotted wood that an inexpensive professional gutter cleaning by Action Gutter could have prevented.
- Animals and Wood Destroying Insects: Lack of cleaning will also cause water to pond in areas dammed by debris. This condition is ideal for breeding mosquitoes. Bugs love moisture. Plants, birds, insects and even mice will make a home in gutter debris.
- Sagging Driveways: Clogged gutters and downspouts can also cause driveway and walkways to sag and crack.
- Ice Dams: The water trapped in the gutters can freeze in the winter, forming ice dams that weigh down the gutter system, causing damage to the gutters and the roof.
All these issues can be avoided by having your gutters cleaned out regularly.
Gutter Cleaning –
HOW DO WE CLEAN YOUR GUTTERS
1. Gutter cleaning is done by hand. We use gutter cleaning scoops and put your gutter debris in a bucket.
2. We put your gutter debris in buckets then take it with us.
3. We make sure all your downspouts are working (downspouts are included in the price).
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
- We use ladder stand offs on top of our ladders for safety, and so we don’t dent or scratch your gutters.
- If we see any non-repairable issues we will notify you immediately so that you can replace your gutters
We also offer a partial gutter cleaning service. You may have just a few problem areas, or some areas you’re able to clean and just need the areas you can’t reach cleaned out. We can come out for our minimum service charge starting at $80.00
Give Kleen llc a call today to get your gutters cleaned. 616-914-9064